Thursday 4 January 2018

MYTHS & MAGIC FOR FMS

Thursday 4 January 2018

 
Hello and welcome to my blog. Today's card is for a challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches and here's the sketch that inspired my card.
 
FMS's twist with this sketch "is to keep your project clean-lined and fresh" and there is lots of inspiration from the "Clean Team to get you in the spirit"! 
 
 
I love the mermaids in the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper so chose one to be the focal point of my card. I picked a circle framelit to go around her and then framed it in a scalloped edge circle of Berry Burst. The Seaside Embossing Folder worked perfectly for the background on the card base and the piece of Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon ties it all in together nicely.

 
Happy Birthday is from the Perennial Birthday stamp set. This stamp set is going to be a must have from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue - it has great words and fonts. To highlight the water bubbles I've covered them with the clear shapes from the Glitter and Clear Epoxy Shapes.
 
 
To finish off my card I've added a strip of DSP along the bottom of my insert and edged it with some Bermuda Bay cardstock punched using the Ticket Tear Border Punch - I thought it looked a bit like waves! Another mermaid, this time I've fussy cut her - yes I'm in the "I like fussy cutting club" and the sentiment is also from the Perennial Birthday stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by today and if you'd like more ideas using this sketch be sure to head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog.

Would you like to comment?

  1. Such an adorable card! Love this fun suite. Glad you joined us at FMS!! Also, I edited your link to FMS to make the picture right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen for your lovely comments and editing my link x

      Delete
  2. This is delightful inside and out! So many sweet details! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! I love the sea theme and those cute little mermaids! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

09 10